Saturday, May 14, 2005

Trinity Ball

It was that time of the year again... When Dublin's city center gets overthrown with 6000 students in formal wear. It's really (or supposed to be :)) the last big night out before the serious study for the end of year exams. Luckily for me, I don't have to worry about such things this year :) Mel was staying inside college before the ball so it was just me going out to my brothers for the pre-Ball bash. He lives around Christchuch in my other brothers apartment which is also where I lived last year.


It started well out on the balcony – but as soon as we sat down, a cold wind blew up and eventually forced us to retreat inside. There was about 20 people there so there was lots of craic... Mark even did his usual beer bong trick followed by a speech ;)


The Ball itself was pretty good. After the Ball each year, people ask me... What did you think of the music? Who did you see? Every year my answer is simple – good – don't know. All of my time seems to be spent chatting, mingling, getting up to badness... very little time is actually spent listening to tunes. (Although I did see Ian Brown who was excellent)


On the way out afterwards, I wondered was this my last Ball... As my girlfriend was going to the ball, it was obvious that I would go along (I also knew a lot of other people going) but I wonder about next year... It was my fourth Ball, maybe I should call it quits now...

No comments: