Tuesday, January 15, 2008

2007 Specialized S-Works Epic for sale

I'm selling my 2007 Specialized S-Works Epic. It was my race machine from last year and was built up in March 2007. I used it primarily for racing and very little for training (and if so, only in the dry!) – it's been sitting in my bike room since the Irish Marathon Champs (except for one spin and the MAD club champs in December). The bike is the best bike I've ever ridden and I will be racing on a very similar one next year. The bike did me really well (see 2007 results)

I basically built up the bike from separates as closely too the Specialized Factory Team bikes as was feasible. (They use some components that are just not durable enough or that simply cannot be bought). Complete bike weight is sub 10kg. In comparison – a stock 2007 S-Works built bike weighs in at 11.4kg without pedals.


The components are as follows:
2007 S-Works Epic Frame - Large
2007 Pace RC 39XC 100mm fork. Full service from Pace Cycles with new uppers and upgraded lockout cable just before the marathon champs.
2007 Mavic SLRs - got these at the end of April – only used for racing – very few miles on them.
2007 XTR drivetrain/brakes
2007 Selle Itallia SLR XC Gel Flow (best saddle I've used)
KCNC Seatpost
Syntace F99 Stem (120mm) & Duraflite Carbon Bar
KLC Superlight barends

It also has brand new brake pads, KMC X9 chain, XTR Cassette, cables and a choice of tires.

I have lots of photos here which include weights for many of the individual components as well as the original article I wrote about it here and some general bits and bobs here.

This is a pro level bike with only the best components used – it cost about 6.5k to build. I'm selling it for 3,500e. I have receipts etc... for everything.

I'm out in Dundrum and can meet up at anytime to show it off.

Please email me ( forsale (at) ryansherlock (dot) com ) for more details.

** EDIT ** SOLD

No comments: